Cambridge Studio Gallery 2014 Portrait Prize
Wednesday 12 Feb – Saturday 1 March
Artists are invited to submit works in the 2014 CSG WHO is LOOKING at YOU? Portrait Prize.
WHO is LOOKING at YOU? is for works depicting the human face as its subject matter.
All mediums accepted and unique approaches encouraged.
Judges and prizes
Born in 1931, John Howley has pursued his passion ever since completing his studies at the National Gallery School of Art in Melbourne under Murray Griffin. He has an extensive CV which reflects a continuous and distinguished exhibition history including many local and international. His art work can be found in the National Gallery and Heide Museum of Modern Art.
To read further about John Howley see his bibliography on www.johnhowley.com
1st prize: A solo exhibition held within the following 12 month period at Cambridge Studio Gallery.
A people’s choice award: A place in Cambridge Studio Gallery’s 2014 end of year group exhibition and Christmas celebration.
To be considered for selection, entrants must comply with all entry instructions and conditions.
- Date of work must be completed in the preceding two years.
- Must be a resident of Australia
- Entry forms available online or from CSG from October 2013
- Entries close January 31, 2014, artists of selected works notified by February 5 ,2014
- Delivery of selected works February 9, 2014
- Winner announced at opening drinks on February 15
- People’s choice announced at end of exhibition Feb March 1, 2014
- Collection of selected works on Saturday March 1, 2014
How to enter
- Complete the official WHO is LOOKING at YOU? Entry Form
- Include $30 (including GST) handling fee is to be paid for each work entered. Artists may enter more than one work.
- Works must be no larger in size than 50 square cm (eg 50x50x50 cm).
- Include a JPEG of the work no larger than 2MB
- All artists must provide a CV
See entry form on Cambridge Studio Gallery website http://www.cambridgestudiogallery.com.au/
You can also see pics of the gorgeous gallery.